I’m new to the whole ipod thing. I think it’s just on two weeks since I bought it, and in the meantime I’ve put something like 5,700 tracks on it (about 17 days worth of music). Some of it’s stuff I listen to all the time, but there’s a lot of stuff that I’ve put on for the heck of it.
I love having the ipod. It is the best. In honor of the first two weeks, I thought I’d do a couple of those dumb lists. For the first, I put the ipod on shuffle and listed the first ten tracks it played:
1. Is She Weird? Frank Black Francis
2. The Night Has A Thousand Faces, John Coltrane
3. Corazon, Carole King
4. Animal Farm, The Kinks
5. Smut, Skyhooks
6. Trampled Under Foot, Led Zeppelin
7. Young and Foolish, Brad Mehldau
8. Bring Back That Leroy Brown, Queen
9. The Everlasting Gaze, The Smashing Pumpkins
10. Fall from Grace, Paddy McAloon
I then flipped over to the most recently played list. As you might imagine, given the comparatively short time the ipod’s been running, I haven’t played the same stuff over and over too much. Still, a disturbingly MOR trend emerged which bothered me until I remembered two days of headaches (and noticed that the most played track had still only been played six times).
1. Just a Song Before I Go, Crosby, Stills & Nash
2. Southern Cross, Crosby, Stills & Nash
3. Alice in Wonderland, Bill Evans
4. Thursday Afternoon, Brian Eno
5. Marrakesh Express, Crosby, Stills & Nash
6. Suicide Life, The Eels
7. Seeing Angels, The Jon Butler Trio
8. Mornings Eleven, The Magic Numbers
9. Forever Lost, The Magic Numbers
10. The Mule, The Magic Numbers
I was also going to list my top rated tracks, but honestly, it’s one of the things I don’t like. You only have a range of five stars. Far too coarse a measure to be useful. Still, what you see above is some of what I’ve been listening to of late.