Every Saturday morning now Gary and I fire up Skype to record the latest in our series of chats. Gary’s usually not that long home from his office in Chicago, while I’m mostly still pottering around after breakfast while the kids are off at swimming lessons.
We did it again yesterday morning, and we once again reveal our collective lack of technical skills in the audio arena and briefly mention:
- getting contributor’s copies,
- re-editing classic books,
- ebook design and the iPad,
- books I’d like to see exist that don’t,
- The Best of Kim Stanley Robinson and how humanists wrote short fiction,
- entry-level SF novels and anthologies,
- year’s bests,
- the lack of SF for children, and
- spend some time discussing Nnedi Okorafor and her novel Who Fears Death.
There’s probably some other stuff, but we recorded this yesterday and I’m not going to re-listen to the whole thing. We hope you enjoy it as always and will see you next weekend!