And with the Waldorf Room closed, Gary and I retired to the wine bar high atop the Coode Street Motel 6 to chat about stuff. These notes might be more clear, were I not rushing for a plane, but I can guarantee it contains waffling and is definitely 100% Coode!
Next weekend, June 8-11, I will be attending Continuum 8, the 51st Australian National Science Fiction Convention, in sunny Melbourne, Australia. And, as happens, I will be appearing on some panels over the weekend. Here’s my schedule:
- The Forgotten Frontier?, Friday 5pm, with m1k3y and Alexandra Pierce. This one’s about space opera.
- Masters Of Podcasting, Saturday 10am with Terry Frost, Alisa Krasnostein, and Kirstyn McDermott. We chat about, well, podcasting, I guess.
- Good Things Come In Small Packages, Saturday 4pm with Stephen Dedman, George Ivanoff, Kelly Link, and Cat Sparks. The art of the story. Writers and editors discuss.
- What’s It Worth?, Sunday 11am with Alan Baxter, Kate Eltham, Jason Nahrung, and Steven O’Connor. We discuss ebooks. Particularly delighted the other panelists, who actually know something on the subject, will be there. We will likely have a hashtag.
- Where Has All The Sci-Fi Gone?, Sunday 4pm, with David Golding, Ian Nichols, Michael Pryor, and Cat Sparks. Another panels on the dark age of Australian SF :)
All in all, it should be a great weekend. I’m also ducking over to an event organised by Twefth Planet Press at Embiggen Books on the Saturday evening, which sounds like fun. I hope to see you all there!