Awards season is once again Â moving into full swing, with nominations now open for the Nebula Awards, Hugo Awards and World Fantasy Awards.
Having been fairly busy during 2015, Iâ€™ve been fortunate enough to help publish a number of what I think are really excellent works of fiction that I think are worthy of your consideration. It was a year when I edited or co-edited new novellas for Tor.com, a collection of Jack Vance fiction (Grand Crusades, the final book in the series of Vance reprints), twoÂ anthologies (see below), Â appeared on and produced than 48 episodes of The Coode Street Podcast episodes, and acted as reviews editor for Locus.
The anthologies, of which Iâ€™m very proud, are:
MeetingÂ Infinity (Solaris)
The Best Science Fiction and Fantasy of the Year: Volume NineÂ (Solaris)
As a guide, fiction in Reach forÂ Infinity is science fiction, in Fearsome MagicsÂ is fantasy/dark fantasy, and in Subterranean MagazineÂ is mixed.
Fiction edited in 2015
- Memento Mori, Madeline Ashby (Meeting Infinity)
- Aspects, Gregory Benford (Meeting Infinity)
- Rates of Change, James S.A. Corey (Meeting Infinity)
- In Blue Lily’s Wake, Aliette de Bodard (Meeting Infinity)
- Body Politic, Kameron Hurley (Meeting Infinity)
- Drones, Simon Ings (Meeting Infinity)
- Emergence, Gwyneth Jones (Meeting Infinity)
- Cocoons, Nancy Kress (Meeting Infinity)
- The Cold Inequalities, Yoon Ha Lee (Meeting Infinity)
- The Falls, Ian McDonald (Meeting Infinity)
- Exile from Extinction, Ramez Naam (Meeting Infinity)
- Outsider, An Owomoyela (Meeting Infinity)
- Desert Lexicon, Benjanun Sriduangkaew (Meeting Infinity)
- Pictures from the Resurrection, Bruce Sterling (Meeting Infinity)
- All the Wrong Places, Sean Williams (Meeting Infinity)
- My Last Bringback, John Barnes (Meeting Infinity)
- The Last Witness, K.J. ParkerÂ (Tor.com)
Editor, Short-Form (Hugos)/Professional Achievement (WFA)
- Jonathan Strahan (Meeting Infinity, The Best Science Fiction and Fantasy of the Year: Volume Nine, Locus [reviews editor], Grand Crusades)
I hope youâ€™ll consider supporting the talented people that Iâ€™ve worked with during the year.