Awards season is once again moving into full swing, with nominations now open for the Nebula Awards, Hugo Awards and World Fantasy Awards.
Having been fairly busy during 2015, I’ve been fortunate enough to help publish a number of what I think are really excellent works of fiction that I think are worthy of your consideration. It was a year when I edited or co-edited new novellas for Tor.com, a collection of Jack Vance fiction (Grand Crusades, the final book in the series of Vance reprints), two anthologies (see below), appeared on and produced than 48 episodes of The Coode Street Podcast episodes, and acted as reviews editor for Locus.
The anthologies, of which I’m very proud, are:
Meeting Infinity (Solaris)
The Best Science Fiction and Fantasy of the Year: Volume Nine (Solaris)
As a guide, fiction in Reach for Infinity is science fiction, in Fearsome Magics is fantasy/dark fantasy, and in Subterranean Magazine is mixed.
Fiction edited in 2015
- Memento Mori, Madeline Ashby (Meeting Infinity)
- Aspects, Gregory Benford (Meeting Infinity)
- Rates of Change, James S.A. Corey (Meeting Infinity)
- In Blue Lily’s Wake, Aliette de Bodard (Meeting Infinity)
- Body Politic, Kameron Hurley (Meeting Infinity)
- Drones, Simon Ings (Meeting Infinity)
- Emergence, Gwyneth Jones (Meeting Infinity)
- Cocoons, Nancy Kress (Meeting Infinity)
- The Cold Inequalities, Yoon Ha Lee (Meeting Infinity)
- The Falls, Ian McDonald (Meeting Infinity)
- Exile from Extinction, Ramez Naam (Meeting Infinity)
- Outsider, An Owomoyela (Meeting Infinity)
- Desert Lexicon, Benjanun Sriduangkaew (Meeting Infinity)
- Pictures from the Resurrection, Bruce Sterling (Meeting Infinity)
- All the Wrong Places, Sean Williams (Meeting Infinity)
- My Last Bringback, John Barnes (Meeting Infinity)
- The Last Witness, K.J. Parker (Tor.com)
Editor, Short-Form (Hugos)/Professional Achievement (WFA)
- Jonathan Strahan (Meeting Infinity, The Best Science Fiction and Fantasy of the Year: Volume Nine, Locus [reviews editor], Grand Crusades)
I hope you’ll consider supporting the talented people that I’ve worked with during the year.