Ten minutes with… is a special series presented by Coode Street that sees readers and booklovers from around the world talk about what they’re reading right now and what’s getting them through these difficult times.
Today one of our most important novelists, Kim Stanley Robinson, joins Gary for a chat that touches upon the challenges of maintaining a consistent narrative voice in longer works, Daniel Defoe and the origins of the historical novel, Stan’s own new monthly column for Bloomberg Green, and his forthcoming novel, The Ministry for the Future.
Books mentioned include:
- Three Californias by Kim Stanley Robinson
- The Years of Rice and Salt by Kim Stanley Robinson
- The Ministry for the Future by Kim Stanley Robinson
- The Mirror and the Light by Hilary Mantel
- Daniel Defoe: His Life by Paul R. Backscheider
- A Journal of the Plague Year by Daniel Defoe