Ten minutes with… is a special series presented by Coode Street that sees readers and booklovers from around the world talk about what they’re reading right now and what’s getting them through these difficult times.
Today Jonathan fires up Skype and points it towards Kolkata to talk to Lambda Award winner and Crawford, Otherwise, and Shirley Jackson nominee Indrapramit Das about getting through the Great and Terrible Pause, what books he is reading and recommends, and his new story, “Incarnate”, which appears in Ann VanderMeer’s Avatars Inc. anthology.
Books mentioned include:
- The Devourers by Indrapramit Das
- Chosen Spirits by Samit Basu
- The Old Drift by Namwali Serpell
- Echoes: The Saga Anthology of Ghost Stories edited by Ellen Datlow
- “The Mist” by Stephen King
- My Favorite Thing Is Monsters by Emil Ferris
- Palomar: The Heartbreak Soup Stories by Gilbert Hernández