Ten minutes with… is a special series presented by Coode Street that sees readers and booklovers from around the world talk about what they’re reading right now and what’s getting them through these difficult times.
Today Jonathan fires up Skype and call Dhaka in Bangladesh so he can talk to Saad Z. Hossain, the wonderful author of Escape from Baghad, Djinn City, and Locus Award nominee The Gurkha and the Lord of Tuesday about living and working in Dhaka at a time like this, the state of genre fiction, what he’s been reading, his upcoming new novella Kundo Wakes Up and more.
Books mentioned include:
- Djinn City by Saad Z. Hossain
- The Gurkha and the Lord of Tuesday by Saad Z. Hossain
- The Count of Monte Christo by Alexandre Dumas
- One Piece, Volume 1: Romance Dawn by Eiichiro Oda
- Miles Cameron series
- The Novels of Jane Austen
- The Culture Series by Iain M. Banks