Ten minutes with… is a special series presented by Coode Street that sees readers and booklovers from around the world talk about what they’re reading right now and what’s getting them through these difficult times.
Ellen Datlow joins Gary to discuss her 40-year career, the longevity of earlier editors, her reasons for doing best-of-the-year anthologies and year-in-review essays, favorite writers like William Gibson and Jonathan Carroll, the recent Shirley Jackson biography, and the appeal of dark fiction.
Books mentioned include:
- Echoes: The Saga Anthology of Ghost Stories edited by Ellen Datlow
- Final Cuts: New Tales of Hollywood Horror and Other Spectacles edited by Ellen Datlow
- Edited By edited by Ellen Datlow
- Bathing the Lion by Jonathan Carroll
- Mr. Breakfast by Jonathan Carroll
- Flicker by Theodore Roszak
- Shirley Jackson: A Rather Haunted Life by Ruth Franklin
- Life Among the Savages by Shirley Jackson
- Raising Demons by Shirley Jackson
- Worse Angels by Laird Barron
- The Deep by Alma Katsu
- The Hunger by Alma Katsu