Ten minutes with… is a special series presented by Coode Street that sees readers and booklovers from around the world talk about what they’re reading right now and what’s getting them through these difficult times.
Hugo and Nebula Winning author and artist Ursula Vernon, along with her alter ego for adult readers T. Kingfisher, chats with Gary about the comfort of reading historical romances and horror fiction that doesnâ€™t seem too close to home, the classic fantasy of Robin McKinley and Terri Windling, and the sometimes arbitrary distinctions between adult and kidsâ€™ literature, especially given the occasional disconnect between who buys the latter and who reads it.
Books mentioned include:
- The Wizardâ€™s Guide to Defensive Baking by T. Kingfisher (forthcoming)
- The Twisted Ones by T. Kingfisher
- The Hollow PlacesÂ by T. Kingfisher
- Swordheart by Ursula Vernon
- The Damar Series by Robin McKinley
- DeerskinÂ by Robin McKinley
- The Wood Wife by Terri Windling
- Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz