Ten minutes with… is a special series presented by Coode Street that sees readers and booklovers from around the world talk about what they’re reading right now and what’s getting them through these difficult times.
World Fantasy Award nominee Molly Gloss joins Gary to chat about listening to fiction on her commute to the horses, taking some solace in novels with pastoral settings (including SF), the eerie feeling of reading Sarah Pinsker’s A Song for a New Day at the very beginning of the lockdown, recent reprints of her classic novels by Saga Press, her long friendship with Ursula K. Le Guin, and her award-nominated retrospective collection Unforeseen.
Books mentioned include:
- Unforeseen: Stories by Molly Gloss
- The Dazzle of Day by Molly Gloss
- Wild Life by Molly Gloss
- Black Leopard, Red Wolf by Marlon James
- Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
- A Song for a New Day by Sarah Pinsker
- The Dreamers by Karen Thompson Walker
- The Horseman by Tim Pears
- This is Happiness by Niall Williams