Ten minutes with… is a special series presented by Coode Street that sees readers and booklovers from around the world talk about what they’re reading right now and what’s getting them through these difficult times.
Gary talks with Hugo and Nebula Award winner Suzy McKee Charnas about the delights of a public library during lockdown, her own pioneering work in feminist SF and vampire fiction, a new novel about Bram Stoker, returning to the reliable work of Poul Anderson, Ursula K. Le Guin, Thomas A. Disch, and Joanna Russ, and her own forthcoming titles from Aqueduct Press.
Books mentioned include:
- The Holdfast Chronicles by Suzy McKee Charnas
- The Vampire Tapestry by Suzy McKee Charnas
- Shadowplay by Joseph O’Connor
- Reluctant Voyagers by Elisabeth Vonarburg
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
- Comet’s Tale: How the Dog I Rescued Saved My Life by Steven D. Wolf
- Into Oblivion: An Icelandic Thriller by Arnaldur Indridason
- Paper Sun by S.J. Rozan
- Night of the Jaguar by Michael Gruber