Ten minutes with… is a special series presented by Coode Street that sees readers and booklovers from around the world talk about what they’re reading right now and what’s getting them through these difficult times.
Locus Award winner and Hugo and Nebula nominee Mimi Mondal and Gary K. Wolfe chat about gardening and cooking Indian food during the lockdown, researching the ancient history of India and Bangladesh (including the origins of Tibetan Buddhism), cultural references in the Avatar franchise, and, of course, what she’s been reading.
Books mentioned include:
- The Grace of Kings by Ken Liu
- Exhalation: Stories by Ted Chiang
- Six Months, Three Days, Five Others by Charlie Jane Anders
- Ambiguity Machines and Other Stories by Vandana Singh
- A People’s Future of the United States by Victor LaValle and John Joseph Adams, eds.