Ten minutes with… is a special series presented by Coode Street that sees readers and booklovers from around the world talk about what they’re reading right now and what’s getting them through these difficult times.
Today Jonathan fires up Skype to talk to Chaz Brenchley about the strange challenges of these times, the comfort to be found reading crime and mystery novels, living and working a short walk from SETI and NASA in Silicon Valley, combining girls school novels and steampunk (and the accompanying Mrs Bailey’s Recipes for Medium), taking control of his own publishing, his new short story collection and more.
Books mentioned include:
- Everything in all the Wrong Order: The Best of Chaz Brenchley by Chaz Brenchley (forthcoming 2021)
- Ancestral Night by Elizabeth Bear
- Velocity Weapon by Megan E. O’Keefe
- Dr. Siri Paiboun Series by Colin Cotterill
- Bangkok 8 by John Burdett
- The Mary Russell and Sherlock Holmes Series by Laurie R. King
- Slough House Series by Mick Herron