Ten minutes with… is a special series presented by Coode Street that sees readers and booklovers from around the world talk about what they’re reading right now and what’s getting them through these difficult times.
Today Jonathan spends ten minutes with Gollancz Publishing Director Gillian Redfearn and bestselling writer Joe Hill, who join the conversation live from their secret volcano base on the northeast coast of the United States to discuss the importance of stepping outside every day and just being in the world, the pleasures of reading Joe Abercrombie, Claire North, and others, and much more.
Books mentioned include:
- Kitchen Confidential: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly by Anthony Bourdain
- The Pursuit of William Abbey by Claire North
- The Trouble With Peace by Joe Abercrombie
- Rhythm of War by Brandon Sanderson
- Preludes and Nocturnes: The Sandman by Neil Gaiman et al.
- The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
- The Goldsboro Books Sci-Fi and Fantasy Fellowship
Things to watch mentioned include:
- Tiger King
- Peaky Blinders
- NOS4A2 (Season 2)