Ten minutes with… is a special series presented by Coode Street that sees readers and booklovers from around the world talk about what they’re reading right now and what’s getting them through these difficult times.
Today Jonathan takes ten minutes to talk to the bestselling, critically-acclaimed, and award-winning editor and anthologist Ann VanderMeer about working and reading in these difficult times, the joys of connecting with friends and family through distanced technology, and her own projects, Avatars.Inc and The Big Book of Modern Fantasy.
Books mentioned include:
- Avatars Inc edited by Ann VanderMeer
- The Big Book of Modern Fantasy edited by Ann Vandermeer and Jeff VanderMeer
- My Year of Rest and Relaxation by Ottessa Moshfegh
- Wow, No Thank You. by Samantha Irby
- Interior Chinatown by Charles Yu
- The Rabbit Hunter by Lars Kepler
- Hood Feminism: Notes from the Women That a Movement Forgot by Mikki Kendall
- Hitting a Straight Lick with a Crooked StickÂ by Zora Neale Hurston