Ten minutes with… is a special series presented by Coode Street that sees readers and booklovers from around the world talk about what they’re reading right now and what’s getting them through these difficult times.
Today Jonathan fires up Skype and calls sunny New York to talk to the fabulous Nebula Award-winning author of The Only Harmless Great Thing, Brooke Bolander, about reading, writing and living during the pandemic, the comfort of somewhat grim nonfiction, and her contribution to The Book of Dragons.
You can listen to an excerpt from Brooke’s story, “Where the River Turns to Concrete“, right now and if you live in the US and are over 18 you can enter our sweepstakes to win one of ten copies by following this link!
Books mentioned include:
- The Only Harmless Great Thing by Brooke Bolander
- The Perfect Storm: A True Story of Men Against the Sea by Sebastian Junger
- In the Heart of the Sea: The Tragedy of the Whaleship Essex by Nathaniel Philbrick
- Cadillac Desert: The American West and Its Disappearing Water by Marc Reisner
- Every Bone a Prayer by Ashley Blooms
- The Power Broker: Robert Moses and the Fall of New York by Robert A. Caro