Ten minutes with… is a special series presented by Coode Street that sees readers and booklovers from around the world talk about what they’re reading right now and what’s getting them through these difficult times.
Today Jonathan spends a while chatting with Hugo Award winner Sarah Gailey about reading, writing, and getting through these strange times; the attractions of reading immersive texts (whether fiction or non-fiction); rediscovering The Hunger Games, reading the prequel, and her Medium article “Everything is The Hunger Games now“; her fabulous story from The Book of Dragons; writing YA and her upcoming novels, and more!
You can listen to an excerpt from Sarah’s story, “We Don’t Talk About the Dragon”, right now and if you live in the US and are over 18 you can enter our sweepstakes to win one of ten copies by following this link!
Books mentioned include:
- Upright Women Wanted by Sarah Gailey
- When We Were Magic by Sarah Gailey
- The Echo Wife by Sarah Gailey
- Why Fish Don’t Exist: A Story of Loss, Love, and the Hidden Order of Life by Lulu Miller
- Camp by Lev A.C. Rosen
- On the Come Up by Angie Thomas
- The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins
- The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne Collins