I think this is as late as I’ve ever done this, but here we go!Â I have the all-clear, so without further ado, here’s the table of contents (in alpha order) for The Best Science Fiction and Fantasy of the Year: Vol 10.
As I said last year, while there are one or two stories that got away, and while if I had a smidgeon more room I might have opted for a novella in one spot, Iâ€™m basically very happy with this list.
- â€œCity of Ashâ€, Paolo Bacigalupi
- â€œThe Heart’s Filthy Lessonâ€, Elizabeth Bear
- â€œThe Machine Startsâ€, Greg Bear
- â€œThe Winter Wraithâ€, Jeffrey Ford
- â€œBlack Dogâ€, Neil Gaiman
- â€œJamaica Gingerâ€, Nalo Hopkinson & Nisi Shawl
- â€œDronesâ€, Simon Ings
- â€œEmergenceâ€, Gwyneth Jones
- â€œDancy vs. the Pterosaurâ€, Caitlin R. Kiernan
- â€œAnother Word for Worldâ€, Anne Leckie
- â€œThe Game of Smash and Recoveryâ€, Kelly Link
- â€œThe Pauper Prince and the Eucalyptus Jinnâ€, Usman T. Mailk
- â€œBotanica Veneris: Thirteen Papercuts by Ida Countess Rathanganâ€, Ian McDonald
- â€œLittle Sistersâ€, Vonda McIntyre
- â€œCalvedâ€, Sam J. Miller
- â€œGhosts of Homeâ€, Sam J. Miller
- â€œThe Deepwater Brideâ€, Tamsyn Muir
- â€œThe Empress in Her Gloryâ€, Robert Reed
- â€œA Murmurationâ€, Alastair Reynolds
- â€œOral Argumentâ€, Kim Stanley Robinson
- â€œWater of Versaillesâ€, Kelly Robson
- â€œCapitalism in the 22nd Centuryâ€, Geoff Ryman
- â€œThe Karen Joy Fowler Book Clubâ€, Nike Sulway
- â€œThe Lily and the Hornâ€, Catherynne Valente
- â€œBlood, Ash, Braidsâ€, Genevieve Valentine
- â€œKaiju maximusÂ®: â€˜So Various, So Beautiful, So Newâ€™â€, Kai Ashante Wilson
- â€œHungry Daughters of Starving Mothersâ€, Alyssa Wong
The striking cover art, inspired by an Ian McDonald story, is by Domenic Harman. Â The book is available to pre-order in all of the usual places, so please do!
Finally, I am hard at work on finishing the manuscript for the book, but I can announce I’m reading for the 2017 volume.