Ten minutes with… is a special series presented by Coode Street that sees readers and booklovers from around the world talk about what they’re reading right now and what’s getting them through these difficult times.
Today Jonathan spends ten minutes or so calling up Orange Country, California to talk to World Fantasy and Philip K. Dick Award winner James P. Blaylock about reading and writing during these strange times, the allure of crime novels, what’s up with Langdon St Ives, his new novel-in-progress, and a lot more.
Books mentioned include:
- The Gobblin’ Society by James P. Blaylock
- River’s Edge by James P. Blaylock
- Generation Loss by Elizabeth Hand
- Freddy’s Book by John Gardner
- Lady in the Lake by Laura Lippman
- The Easy Rawlins Novels by Walter Mosely
- The Pickwick Papers by Charles Dickens
- City of Fallen Angels by Paul Buchanan