Lou Anders and I delivered our fantasy anthology, Swords and Dark Magic: The New Swords and Sorcery to HarperCollins in New York several weeks ago. We needed to finalise a few details first, but we’re now ready to announce the final table of contents for the book.
- Introduction, Lou Anders & Jonathan Strahan
- “Goats of Glory”, Steven Erikson
- “Tides Elba: A Tale of the Black Company”, Glen Cook
- “Bloodsport”, Gene Wolfe
- “The Singing Spear”, James Enge
- “A Wizard of Wiscezan”, C.J. Cherryh
- “A Rich Full Week”, K. J. Parker
- “A Suitable Present for a Sorcerous Puppet”, Garth Nix
- “Red Pearls: An Elric Story”, Michael Moorcock
- “The Deification of Dal Bamore”, Tim Lebbon
- “Dark Times at the Midnight Market”, Robert Silverberg
- “The Undefiled”, Greg Keyes
- “Dapple Hew the Tint Master”, Michael Shea
- “In the Stacks”, Scott Lynch
- “Two Lions, A Witch, and the War-Robe”, Tanith Lee
- “The Sea Troll’s Daughter”, Caitlin R Kiernan
- “Thieves of Daring”, Bill Willingham
- “The Fool Jobs”, Joe Abercrombie
While there’s always someone else who could be in a book like this, we’re delighted with the quality of the stories we received, grateful to the authors for being involved and to our publisher for supporting the book. It’ll be out next July and is fabulous! Oh, and there’ll be a limited edition done by Subterranean Press too, which should be awesome in its own right.
ETA: And Lou’s announcement is here.