Lou Anders and I delivered our fantasy anthology, Swords and Dark Magic: The New Swords and Sorcery to HarperCollins in New York several weeks ago. We needed to finalise a few details first, but we’re now ready to announce the final table of contents for the book.
- Introduction, Lou Anders & Jonathan Strahan
- â€œGoats of Gloryâ€, Steven Erikson
- â€œTides Elba:Â A Tale of the Black Companyâ€, Glen Cook
- â€œBloodsportâ€, Gene Wolfe
- â€œThe Singing Spearâ€, James Enge
- â€œA Wizard of Wiscezanâ€, C.J. Cherryh
- â€œA Rich Full Weekâ€, K. J. Parker
- â€œA Suitable Present for a Sorcerous Puppetâ€, Garth Nix
- â€œRed Pearls: An Elric Storyâ€, Michael Moorcock
- â€œThe Deification of Dal Bamoreâ€, Tim Lebbon
- â€œDark Times at the Midnight Marketâ€, Robert Silverberg
- â€œThe Undefiledâ€, Greg Keyes
- â€œDapple Hew the Tint Masterâ€, Michael Shea
- â€œIn the Stacksâ€, Scott Lynch
- â€œTwo Lions, A Witch, and the War-Robeâ€, Tanith Lee
- â€œThe Sea Troll’s Daughterâ€, Caitlin R Kiernan
- â€œThieves of Daringâ€, Bill Willingham
- â€œThe Fool Jobsâ€, Joe Abercrombie
WhileÂ there’s always someone else who could be in a book like this, we’re delighted with the quality of the stories we received, grateful to the authors for being involved and to our publisher for supporting the book.Â It’ll be out next July and is fabulous!Â Oh, and there’ll be a limited edition done by Subterranean Press too, which should be awesome in its own right.
ETA: And Lou’s announcement is here.