Ten minutes with… is a special series presented by Coode Street that sees readers and booklovers from around the world talk about what they’re reading right now and what’s getting them through these difficult times.
Today Jonathan spends ten minutes talking to the spectacular Kelly Robson who is in the very centre of the centre of the universe in Toronto and they talk about reading and working during these strange times, finding favourites like Octavia Butler a little too intense for the moment, and how the sequel to Gods, Monsters and the Lucky Peach might be turning into a novel.
Books mentioned include:
- Gods, Monsters, and the Lucky Peach by Kelly Robson
- Monkey Work” by Kelly Robson
- “La Vitesse” by Kelly Robson (in The Book of Dragons)
- Symphony in C: Carbon and the Evolution of (Almost) Everything by Robert M Hazen
- The Mirror and the Light by Hilary Mantel
- A Song for a New Day by Sarah Pinsker