Ten minutes with… is a special series presented by Coode Street that sees readers and booklovers from around the world talk about what they’re reading right now and what’s getting them through these difficult times.
Today Jonathan spends ten minutes or so chatting with Sarah Monette about living and writing during the pandemic, her alter ego Katherine Addison, the comforts of immersive reading and true crime, and the recurring attraction of the work of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and the world of his famous detective.
Books mentioned include:
- The Goblin Emperor by Katherine Addison
- The Angel of the Crows by Katherine Addison
- The Witness for the Dead by Katherine Addison (forthcoming)
- The Anatomy Murders by Lisa Rosner
- Raven: The Untold Story of the Rev. Jim Jones and His People by Tim Reiterman
- The Baby Farmers: A Chilling Tale of Missing Babies, Shameful Secrets and Murder in 19th Century Australia by Annie Cossins