Ten minutes with… is a special series presented by Coode Street that sees readers and booklovers from around the world talk about what they’re reading right now and what’s getting them through these difficult times.
Today Hugo, Nebula, and Locus award-winning writer Rebecca Roanhorse chats about living and working through lockdown in New Mexico, the appeal of epic fantasy, reading fantasy for pleasure and science non-fiction for work, her stunning new fantasy novel Black Sun, and her experiences working in the writers’ room for an unnamed new TV show.
Books mentioned include:
- Black Sun by Rebecca Roanhorse
- Master of Poisons by Andrea Hairston
- The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V.E. Schwab
- Emergent Strategy: Shaping Change, Changing Worlds by Adrienne Maree Brown
- Life 3.0: Being Human in the Age of Artificial Intelligence by Max Tegmark