I am about to send of the final submission file for Eclipse Two to the publisher. It has been through as many ups and downs as any book that Iâ€™ve worked on, but at the end of the day Iâ€™m very happy with it. This really is the science fiction volume in the Eclipse series, with just two real fantasy stories in the book. That was partly deliberate, and partly circumstance. I have real favorites, but am very happy with all of the stories. Thereâ€™s a new â€˜Virgaâ€™ novelette by Karl Schroeder, the first new Wormwood story from Terry Dowling in 17 years, as well as tales of galactic empires, superheroes, alien intelligences, time travel, and even a call for help on Facebook.
Eclipse Two will be published in October by Night Shade, and I think weâ€™re going to have a launch of some kind at the Calgary World Fantasy Convention. For the moment, though, hereâ€™s the close-to-final table of contents (there is one contractual issue to resolve, but Iâ€™m hopeful thatâ€™ll work out).
- The Hero, Karl Schroeder
- Turingâ€™s Apples, Stephen Baxter
- Invisible Empire of Ascending Light, Ken Scholes
- Michael Laurits is: Drowning, Paul Cornell
- Elevator, Nancy Kress
- The Illustrated Biography of Lord Grimm, Daryl Gregory
- Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom, David Moles
- The Rabbi’s Hobby, Peter S. Beagle
- The Seventh Expression of the Robot General, Jeffrey Ford
- Skin Deep, Richard Parks
- Ex Cathedra, Tony Daniel
- Truth Window: A Tale of the Bedlam Rose, Terry Dowling
- We Haven’t Got There Yet, Harry Turtledove
- Fury, Alastair Reynolds