Ten minutes with… is a special series presented by Coode Street that sees readers and booklovers from around the world talk about what they’re reading right now and what’s getting them through these difficult times.
This time out, Gary talks with fellow Locus reviewer Karen Burnham, also the author of Greg Egan in the Modern Masters of Science Fiction series, and occasional pieces for The Cascadia Subduction Zone. We touch upon having kids at home during the lockdown, finding time to do our own reading in between reading for reviews, and favorite literary comfort foods such as Terry Pratchett and Gail Carriger.
Books mentioned include:
- Greg Egan by Karen Burnham
- TheÂ Revenger Series by Alastair Reynolds
- Horizon by Barry Lopez
- Arctic Dreams by Barry Lopez
- The Lives of a Cell and the Medusa and the Snail by Lewis Thomas
- Small Gods by Terry Pratchett
- The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents by Terry Pratchett
- Soulless by Gail Carriger
- The Order of the Stick by Rich Burlew