Ten minutes with… is a special series presented by Coode Street that sees readers and booklovers from around the world talk about what they’re reading right now and what’s getting them through these difficult times.
Hugo and World Fantasy Award-winning G. Willow Wilson chats with Gary about what living in Seattle has felt like during the plague time and the cityâ€™s characteristically progressive politics, the fascination of listening to Proust on Audible, the remarkably prescient writing of James Baldwin and the literary innovations of William Makepeace Thackeray, and what itâ€™s like to write in the Sandman universe after having been enthralled by it when younger.
Books mentioned include:
- The Bird King by G. Willow Wilson
- The Dreaming: Waking Hours by G. Willow Wilson & Nick Robles
- The Fire Next Time by James Baldwin
- A Rap on Race by James Baldwin & Margaret Mead
- Remembrance of Things PastÂ by Marcel Proust
- Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackeray