It’s been a long time since the last episode. In late November Jonathan and Gary sat down to record a final episode before commencing a lengthy hiatus. Â After nearly two months, though, normal service returns!
This week Jonathan and Gary announce the winner and shortlist for the 2014 Crawford Award, begin thinking about Loncon3 (the 2014 World SF Convention), and discuss the books they’re looking forward to in 2014.
Lists will be added, but these are the books Jonathan’s Looking Forward to in 2014:
- Wolves, Simon Ings (Gollancz, January)
- Annihilation, Jeff VanderMeer (FSG, February)
- The Best of Ian McDonald, Ian McDonald (PS Publishing, April)
- The Cuckoo Song, Frances Hardinge (Macmillan, May)
- The Memory Garden, M. RickertÂ (Sourcebooks, May)
- Beautiful Blood, Lucius Shepard (Subterranean, June)
- Academic Exercises, K.J. Parker (Subterranean, August)
- War Dogs, Greg Bear (Gollancz, August)
- The Water Knife, Paolo Bacigalupi (Little Brown, September)
- Echopraxia, Peter Watts (Tor Books, September)
with a bonus title ofÂ The Just City, Jo Walton (Tor, January 2015) which JonathanÂ thoughtÂ was coming in 2014 but isn’t. Â Gary’s list will be up shortly.
In the meantime, we thank you for your patience, thank Cat Sparks for her help during our hiatus, and hope you enjoy the new episode. See you next week when we will be talking to Locus editor in chief Liza Trombi about the year in review!