Ten minutes with… is a special series presented by Coode Street that sees readers and booklovers from around the world talk about what they’re reading right now and what’s getting them through this strange time.
This time around Gary spends ten minutes with World Fantasy and Nebula Award-winning author Ellen Klages, who most recently added the New York Historical Society Children’s Book Prize and the Ohioana Book Award for Out of Left Field to her resume. It turns out that Jonathan persuaded her to try the first volume of Adrian McKinty’s Sean Duffy series—the same ones he and James Bradley discussed on an earlier episode of Ten Minutes with… She’s also been getting into locked-room murder mysteries.
Books mentioned in this episode include:
- Out of Left Field by Ellen Klages
- The Sean Duffy series by Adrian McKinty
- While the Clock Ticked (The Hardy Boys) by Franklin W. Dixon
- The Chinese Orange Mystery by Ellery Queen
- The Black Lizard Big Book of Locked-Room Mysteries by Otto Penzler, ed.
- The Book of Dragons by Jonathan Strahan, ed.
- Chopped, a TV reality/cooking/game show