Ten minutes with… is a special series presented by Coode Street that sees readers and booklovers from around the world talk about what they’re reading right now and what’s getting them through these difficult times.
This time Jonathan spends ten minutes with the fabulous Martha Wells, whose Murderbot Diaries first appeared in 2017 and quickly went on to become one of the most popular and beloved series of recent times, winning the Hugo and Nebula Awards along the way. Martha discusses working in time of lockdown, upcoming work (including a new short story, “The Salt Lick” coming from Uncanny), and the joys of reading.
Books mentioned include:
- Network Effect by Martha Wells
- Echo in Amethyst by Sharon Shinn
- Finna by Nino Cipri
- Stormsong by C L Polk
- Jade War by Fonda Lee
- The Empress of Salt and Fortune by Nghi Vo
- The Rivers of London series by Ben Aaronovitch
- The City We Became by N K Jemisin
- The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi
- Null Set by SL Huang
- Unconquerable Sun by Kate Elliott