Ten minutes with… is a special series presented by Coode Street that sees readers and booklovers from around the world talk about what they’re reading right now and what’s getting them through these difficult times.
Today Jonathan fires up Skype and calls Hugo and Nebula award winning writer, poet, and critic Amal El-Mohtar, whose novella This Is How You Lose the Time War (co-written with Max Gladstone) has been sweeping all of the awards this year, to chat about reading, working and living during the pandemic, the pleasure of reading graphic novels, and some great new books. Amal’s poem “A Final Knight to Her Love and Foe”, appears in The Book of Dragons.
If you live in the US and are over 18 you can enter our sweepstakes to win one of ten copies by following this link!
Books mentioned include:
- This Is How You Lose the Time War by Amal El-Mohtar and Max Gladstone
- Dance on Saturday by Elwin Cotman
- The Space Between Worlds by Micaiah Johnson
- Die by Kieron Gillen and Stephanie Hans
- The Wicked + The Divine by Kieron Gillen and Jamie McKelvie