Ten minutes with…Â is a special series presented by Coode Street that sees readers and booklovers from around the world talk about what they’re reading right now and what’s getting them through these difficult times.
Today Jonathan spends ten minutes chatting withÂ Kate Elliott, who calls in from her home high on a hillside overlooking the Pacific to talk about her love of reading history, Alexander the Great, the naval history of the Second World War, the importance of reading what works for you at a time like this, and her forthcoming novel, Unconquerable Sun.
Books mentioned include:
- Unconquerable Sun by Kate Elliott
- Conquest and Empire: The Reign of Alexander the Great by A. B. Bosworth
- Ã†thelstan: The First King of England by Sarah Foot
- Women and the Making of the Mongol Empire by Anne F. Broadbridge
- Neptune’s Inferno: The U.S. Navy at Guadalcanal by James D. Hornfischer
- The Last Stand of the Tin Can Sailors: The Extraordinary World War II Story of the U.S. Navy’s Finest Hour by James D. Hornfischer
- The Murderbot DiariesÂ by Martha Wells