Ten minutes with… is a special series presented by Coode Street that sees readers and booklovers from around the world talk about what they’re reading right now and what’s getting them through these difficult times.
World Fantasy Life Achievement winner John Crowley chats with Gary about his oddly prescient horror story “Spring Break” (which he says is his only horror story), the evocative prose of Graham Greene’s thrillers, the terror of Flannery O’Connor’s “Everything That Rises Must Converge, and his own recent collections of essays and stories.
Books mentioned include:
- And Go Like This: Stories by John Crowley
- Reading Backwards: Essays and Reviews 2005-2018 by John Crowley
- This Gun for Hire (aka A Gun for Sale) by Graham Greene
- The Ministry of Fear by Graham Greene
- The Confidential Agent by Graham Greene
- Everything That Rises Must Converge: Stories by Flannery O’Connor
- The Patrick Melrose Novels by Edward St. Aubyn
- The Invisible Valley by Su Wei (trans. by Austin Woerner)